The Australian Institute of Health and Safety (Qld Branch) is very proud to announce its 29th consecutive annual Visions Occupational Health and Safety Conference to be held on the Gold Coast from Wednesday 8 – Friday 10 September 2021.
Papers are invited from interested OHS professionals and practitioners, academics, researchers, from the various fields of OHS and all associated disciplines.
We welcome the sharing of contemporary strategies and initiatives, as well as alternative approaches employed to address the challenges of managing OHS. We are aiming to provide a balanced conference program, drawing from the lessons learnt to consider local application while also progressing of the standards of health and safety industry-wide.
Presentations should focus on practical takeaways to enhance the knowledge, understanding and skillsets of the OHS Professionals attending the conference
Abstracts should be submitted in accordance with the following guidelines:.
- Presentation of the subject matter at a level appropriate to a OHS professional, demonstrating a well developed understanding and coherent description of the concepts;
- Evidence of insightful and critical analysis of the issues;
- A coherent discussion should be presented of current and future implications for occupational health and safety;
- Quality of and use of supporting literature and references that substantiates the discussion/perspective of the paper;
- Paper presentations are limited to 40 minutes, inclusive of question time
Prior to submitting an abstract, please ensure you have read the follow guidelines which can be downloaded here.
- Acceptance of proposals will be based on the submission of an abstract, to be reviewed and accepted by the AIHS QLD conference committee.
- Papers of an overt product advertisement or marketing nature will not be accepted.
Please note: Abstract submissions close on Sunday 28 February 2021 and can be submitted via the online portal which can be found here
Please not that this conference is currently being planned as an in-person event, subject to any health-related restrictions and guidelines