Safety Culture – Understanding and analysing safety culture through the lens of the WHSQ Measures of Safety Culture diagnostic tool
The workshop will provide a unique opportunity to better understand safety culture, as well as giving the participants direct involvement in the early creation, validation and implementation of a new safety culture diagnostic tool being developed by the Qld Regulator.
– investigate the concept of safety culture through the lens of the Measures of Safety Culture diagnostic tool being developed by Workplace Health and Safety Qld,
– explore broad models and methodologies around safety culture,
– use sample data as provided by the workshop participants to further investigate the more specific components of safety culture and climate.
Participants will be working with early (and sometimes preview) versions of both the tool and the materials that are being developed by WHSQ to support safety culture improvement in the State.
This workshop will explore:
– What is meant by safety culture in general
– Components and elements of safety culture
– Measuring and analysing safety culture
– Tools and activities available for improving safety culture